Thursday, June 9, 2011

1973 The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

This is another animated version of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow worth recommending, but not to be confused with the Disney version. This was produced by Dave Adams and Nick Bosustow of "Bosustow Entertainment" in 1973. Some of their productions were often shown in theatres in the 60's and 70's, but this short film was released to video by Little Golden Books/Western Publishing in 1992. It packs a lot of story into just 13 minutes. Creepy enough to be fun, while it will not terrify the kids either, and is perfect for a Halloween party.

Full Short:

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad there is a website like this. It is very hard to find these videos online. Thank you sincerely for compiling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Anonymous. I love finding and watching these old videos myself. I will try to post 17 more videos this month, so check back everyday in October to view new rare and not so rare videos.

      Delete
  2. I love your site, but this video comes back as "private." Is there anywhere else to watch: 1973 The Legend of Sleepy Hollow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jolene, thanks for commenting. Sorry I can't find this video anywhere else online. During the beginning of last year I noticed another video here was also Private but it was made public during the month of October. I suggest you check next month to see if its available. I will post 23 new videos this year beginning October 1st, another reason to check back next month if you're interested.

      Delete
  3. Why is this Private? I was able to view it last year. My Son loves the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you sign in/ would love to watch it

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive