Addams Family Reunion is a 1998 supernatural children's film based on the characters from the cartoon created by cartoonist Charles Addams. Directed by Dave Payne, the film was intended to serve both as a reboot of the franchise, and as a pilot for a new proposed television series produced by Saban. The film stars Daryl Hannah and Tim Curry as Morticia and Gomez Addams respectively while Carel Struycken (Lurch) and Christopher Hart's hand (Thing) are the only ones to reprise their roles from the last two movies, The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values (1993). Nicole Fugere was later cast again as Wednesday for The New Addams Family, an updated version of the 1960's sitcom that aired on Fox Family from 1998 to 1999, and she appeared in nearly all of the program's 65 episodes.
Payne had intended to give the film a dark, edgy tone, but Saban had interfered with the development, insisting that the story be aimed solely at entertaining children and lack much of the black comedy and anarchic satire of the previous entries in the franchise. Saban, however, wanted Payne to imitate aspects of Paramount Pictures' popular 1991-93 duology, and the 1964 TV series, and rejected any original idea developed by Payne and the film's screenwriters. As a result, the film was poorly received by critics, who panned the film's screenplay, special effects, production design and much of its acting, while singling out Tim Curry's performance for praise, calling Curry the best part of the film. Addams Family Reunion was released straight-to-video. Only released on VHS, the film has never been released on DVD.
SYNOPSIS: Gomez (Tim Curry) and Morticia (Daryl Hannah) discover that grandpa (Kevin McCarthy) and grandma (Estelle Harris) Addams are afflicted with a horrifying illness that is slowly but surely making them (gasp) normal! Seeking a family witch-doctor the entire Addams clan heads off for a gala family reunion. Wednesday (Nicole Fugere) and Pugsley (Jerry Messing) are making new friends.. explode, whilst Fester (Patrick Thomas) and Lurch (Carel Struycken) are searching for their little lost Chihuahua... before it eats everyone else. so join the party as the family that puts the "fun" in dysfunctional unleashes the weirdest, wackiest Addams adventure ever!
- 1988 The Disney Channel Halloween
- 2018 The Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Halloween Bash
- 1997-1998 Cartoon Sushi - Halloween Special
- 1983-2002 Misty Brew's Creature Feature Show - Hal...
- 2008 H3 - Halloween Horror Hostel
- 1991 Little Dracula - Little D's Halloween
- 2018 Shilling Shockers Halloween Special: Monster ...
- 1977 The Child
- 1994 Nickelodeon Frightfest
- 1992 The Vault of Horror - Horror Bites
- 1998 Addams Family Reunion
- 1989 MTV Headbangers Ball and The Rocky Horror Vid...
- 2003 WB's Outrageous Halloween Outtakes (incomplete)
- 1999 Beavis And Butthead - Butt-O-Ween
- 1997 Halloween Screams
- 2002 Art Attack - Monsters and other Scary Stuff
- 1980's Freddy Krueger 1-900 Hotline TV Spots and A...
- 1965 Hoppity Hooper - Hallowe'en
- ▼ October (18)