Monday, October 21, 2013

1989 Elm Street: The Making of a Nightmare

This is a behind the scenes look at the practical make-up and special effects behind 1988's A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. The first 10 minutes or so focuses on the first 3 films and the rest of the time is devoted to Nightmare 4 which at the time this was made was the newest film of the franchise. Originally aired on Halloween 1989 as a TV special.

This is available on a made on demand DVD-R at Amazon.com but I remember seeing it on the USA Network when I was a kid. I recorded it on VHS and used to watch it all the time. I was fascinated by the make-up effects, which is now a lost art thanks to CGI. I would also record episodes of Freddy's Nightmares, that used to air late Saturday nights, on the same video.


No comments:

Post a Comment