Kids these days have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and a plethora of other social media platforms to interact with movies. But what did horror fans do in the 80’s and 90’s?
Wes Craven’s A Nightmare On Elm Street franchise was so popular that a Freddy Krueger Hotline was launched (1-900-860-4-Fred; 1-900-909-Fred), which begged fans to call and take on Freddy in a trivia challenge.
Below are tv spots for and audio of what you heard if you called into the Freddy hotline. No charges watching these videos, so no need to get your parents' permission to listen!
Playlist of 11 TV spot's for Freddy Krueger's 1-900 Hotline from 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1992:
Audio of what you heard if you called the Freddy hotline, 44 minutes:
- 1988 The Disney Channel Halloween
- 2018 The Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Halloween Bash
- 1997-1998 Cartoon Sushi - Halloween Special
- 1983-2002 Misty Brew's Creature Feature Show - Hal...
- 2008 H3 - Halloween Horror Hostel
- 1991 Little Dracula - Little D's Halloween
- 2018 Shilling Shockers Halloween Special: Monster ...
- 1977 The Child
- 1994 Nickelodeon Frightfest
- 1992 The Vault of Horror - Horror Bites
- 1998 Addams Family Reunion
- 1989 MTV Headbangers Ball and The Rocky Horror Vid...
- 2003 WB's Outrageous Halloween Outtakes (incomplete)
- 1999 Beavis And Butthead - Butt-O-Ween
- 1997 Halloween Screams
- 2002 Art Attack - Monsters and other Scary Stuff
- 1980's Freddy Krueger 1-900 Hotline TV Spots and A...
- 1965 Hoppity Hooper - Hallowe'en
- ▼ October (18)