Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1970s & 1980s Danse Macabre cartoon PBS filmstrip

This is a remarkable cartoon set to Danse Macabre, by French composer Camille Saint-Saëns. I remember watching this video in elementary school every year during Halloween. One of the best short length Halloween animations ever created. This was shown on and produced by PBS in the 1980s. I remember watching this 1980s version, If you are looking for the 1970s filmstrip version look below this video:

1980s Full Short:


Some folks have been looking for the Danse Macabre filmstrip version they saw in the 1970s or earlier. The one illustrated by Harold Dexter Hoopesthey. I believe this is it below:

1970s Full Filmstrip:

2 comments:

  1. I was in elementary school in the 80s, and I'm pretty sure that second filmstrip is the nightmare fuel I'm remembering from either 1st or 2nd grade. I think Texas schools tend to reuse old stuff like that for as long as possible. I'm fairly certain I even saw an old Duck and Cover film once, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghosts is that they are composed of a misty, airy, or subtle material.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive