Between the 1930s-1960s movie theaters would have live shows that featured magicians performing magic tricks, séances, special effects and scary skits. This was at a time when people were unaware of how these seemingly incredible tricks were pulled off and it was a relatively new form of entertainment before the invention of the haunted attraction. Many of these spook shows doubled with horror movies and played at smaller movie theaters during the Halloween season or different parts of the year. This video of trailers were shown in theaters before the horror movie. Some of this stuff is genuinely scary, especially in a dark theater. Eventually these shows would incorporate bloody special effects and sometimes be referred to as Midnight Horror Shows. The shows were daring for their time, but would phase out by the end of the 1960s. This video was put together by Something Weird Video, some of the trailers featured are:
Dr. Rome The Ghostmaster in person
Halloween Convention of Spooks
Black Magic African Doctors
Chamber of Horrors
- 2001 Halloween VHS Recording of....
- 1995 Monster Mash: The Movie
- 1989 The Wickedest Witch
- 1998 Svengoolie - Halloween (1978) and Halloween I...
- 1995 A Spine-Tingling Look At Tales from the Crypt
- 1985 CBS Storybreak - Witch-Cat
- 2012 There's Something Following Me
- 1930-1960 Spook Show Theater Trailers
- 2009 Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In
- 1994 Walt Disney World Inside Out - October Hallow...
- 1994 The Norfin Adventures Castle of Doom
- 2007 Headless Horseman
- 1984 Elvira's MTV Halloween Special - Rockula Retr...
- 2011 The Dreadful Hallowgreen Special
- 1995 The Missionary Mice Adventures - True Halloween
- 1982 Bunnicula The Vampire Rabbit
- 1981 The Munsters' Revenge
- 1977-1981 Sha Na Na
- 1991-2000 Monstervision - Halloween II (1981), III...
- 1986 My Pet Monster
- 1987 CBS Storybreak - The Monster's Ring
- ▼ October (21)