George's Island is a 1989 Canadian family adventure film that was shot in and around Halifax, Nova Scotia. Never officially released to DVD in the US, but you can find the film on VHS, laserdisc and on a Polish Region All DVD at Amazon and eBay. A screening copy, taken from an old VHS, of the full film is on Youtube. More about the film's plot below.
It's a tale about 10-year-old George who lives with his old eccentric sea captain Grandfather and loves the eerie mysteries of the local pirate legends. When George's meddlesome schoolteacher forces him into a foster home, he escapes on Halloween with the help of his Grandfather who takes him to George's Island, once known as Oak Island where Captain Kidd buried his treasure and was killed. On the island, the legend comes to life.
- 1979 The Halloween That Almost Wasn't and 1978 Wit...
- 1992 Ghostwatch
- 2001 Gahan Wilson's The Kid - The Witch
- 1996 Scholastic Presents Halloween Tales
- 1993 The Elvira Show
- 1989 George's Island
- 2004 The Hollow
- 1995 Tiny Toons' Night Ghoulery
- 1999-2013 Cartoon Network/Adult Swim Halloween Bum...
- 2012 Mockingbird Lane
- 2002 Spooky House
- 1999 The Fear Halloween Night
- 1988 Alf Tales - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Halloween Music Videos
- 2001 The Nightmare Room - Full Moon Halloween
- 1988 A Night at the Magic Castle
- 1990 Spaced Invaders
- 1989-1991 Beetlejuice Animated Series Halloween Ep...
- 1993, 1994, 1995 FOX's Halloween Bash bumpers and ...
- 1995, 1996 Goosebumps Halloween Episodes
- 1996 Frankenstein and Me
- 2014 Cinema Insomnia - A Very VHS Halloween
- 1979 Casper's Halloween Special
- ▼ October (23)