Mockingbird Lane is a 2012 TV special developed as a re-imagining of the 1960s CBS sitcom The Munsters. It was written and executive produced for NBC by Bryan Fuller as a one-hour drama with "spectacular visuals." It explored the origins of the Munster family and was darker and edgier, while retaining plenty of humor. The costumes and make-up for the characters were heavily toned down to have them more closely resemble humans. The cast included Jerry O'Connell as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi as Lily Munster, Charity Wakefield as Marilyn Munster, Mason Cook as Eddie Munster and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa (Sam Dracula).
This pilot episode aired on October 26, 2012, as a Halloween special, with the option for a series order. Two months after the premiere, NBC officially passed on the series. I love this special so much it's great, and if it was picked up, I'm sure it would have been my favorite show. Here's the show summary from TV.com:
Herman Munster, the head of the family, is a patchwork creature who tries to keep his family safe and happy. His only problem is when he cares too much, causing his heart to break down. His wife Lily is a vampire, who tries to make sure that her son Eddie is happy. Eddie is a normal boy just discovering that he is growing hair on his body... during the full moon, when he becomes a werewolf. Marilyn, the nice of Herman and Lily, is the oddball out: a normal girl, although she shares her family's... "unique" sensibilities. Grandpa, a vampire of the old school, is still trying to come to terms with modern life where feeding on the locals isn't allowed. He keeps his son-in-law Herman's heart going, and tries to make sure that the other Munsters embrace their lives as creatures of the night.
Mockingbird Lane Pilot Part 1 of 3 by thecrackedactor
Mockingbird Lane Pilot Part 2 of 3 by thecrackedactor
Mockingbird Lane Pilot Part 3 of 3 by thecrackedactor
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- 1979 The Halloween That Almost Wasn't and 1978 Wit...
- 1992 Ghostwatch
- 2001 Gahan Wilson's The Kid - The Witch
- 1996 Scholastic Presents Halloween Tales
- 1993 The Elvira Show
- 1989 George's Island
- 2004 The Hollow
- 1995 Tiny Toons' Night Ghoulery
- 1999-2013 Cartoon Network/Adult Swim Halloween Bum...
- 2012 Mockingbird Lane
- 2002 Spooky House
- 1999 The Fear Halloween Night
- 1988 Alf Tales - Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- 1920s-2010s Halloween Music Videos
- 2001 The Nightmare Room - Full Moon Halloween
- 1988 A Night at the Magic Castle
- 1990 Spaced Invaders
- 1989-1991 Beetlejuice Animated Series Halloween Ep...
- 1993, 1994, 1995 FOX's Halloween Bash bumpers and ...
- 1995, 1996 Goosebumps Halloween Episodes
- 1996 Frankenstein and Me
- 2014 Cinema Insomnia - A Very VHS Halloween
- 1979 Casper's Halloween Special
- ▼ October (23)
Post a Comment