Magnetic Magic Rentals presents a Public Domain Collection: Halloween Special jam-packed with plenty of haunting extras to rattle your bones. Bryce & Elijah, of the Magnetic Crew, host Lucio Fulci's 1981 horror film The House by the Cemetery: Dr. Norman Boyle moves himself and family to the woods of New York to take on research of the late Dr. Freudstein after his suicide. Housed in complete isolation, it isn't long before creepy things start happening to the Boyles. However, nothing can ready them for the evil that lurks in the basement.
The video looks like an old VHS recording and begins with closing credits of the previous show, then followed by the hosts in Halloween costumes introducing a short Halloween safety film and then the horror film with a few Halloween commercials edited in to mimic a TV broadcast. The hosts segments were fun to watch but the movie was very boring to me personally. I would have enjoyed seeing more Halloween commercials, there were only four total. I also found the little boy's dubbed in voice/lines to be really annoying, It sounds like an adult trying to talk like a baby.
The film is not rated and contains content (nudity and lots of bloody gore) that is inappropriate for children. Parental discretion is advised. If you would like to own a copy of this video and you still have a VCR, you can buy it on VHS here along with many other videos and t-shirts at Magnetic Magic Rentals storeny store. The release comes in a slip sleeve cover, sealed in a Squeeze & Shake VHS case and also includes a Halloween Activity 'Zine with plenty of frightfully fun puzzles and games.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
1981 Public Domain Collection: Halloween Special
Labels: 1980s, 2018 Countdown to Halloween, Horror Hosts, Movies, Specials
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- 1980s-1990s A Very Arcade Halloween!
- 1998 I've Been Waiting for You
- 1980s-2010s The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Promo...
- 1987 Friday Night Videos with Elvira
- 2007-2008 Chiller's Dare 2 Direct Short Film Festival
- 2011 Halloweenville
- 1988 Lone Wolf
- 1993 USA Cartoon Express's Monster Bash
- 1995 Attack of the Killer B-Movies with Elvira
- 1988 Grampa Munster's Sci-fi Hits
- 1988-1990 Freddy's Nightmares - Halloween Episodes
- 1981 Public Domain Collection: Halloween Special
- 1994 Nilus the Sandman: Monsters in the Closet
- 1990s-2000s The ULTIMATE Goosebumps Commercial Col...
- 1990 The Ghost Writer with Anthony Perkins
- 1988 TerrorVision (Lifetime TV Movie)
- 2009 The Garfield Show - Orange And Black
- 1989-1991 Elvira NWA/WCW Halloween Havoc Promos
- 1980 Boo!
- 2004 Dark Shadows
- 1995 Here Come the Munsters
- 1985 A Pumpkin Full of Nonsense
- ▼ October (22)
Oy. That was a long watch.ReplyDelete