Nilus the Sandman: Monsters in the Closet is a Canadian part-animated and part-live-action Halloween special which premiered on the CTV Television Network in Canada on October 27, 1994. The Halloween special was preceded by a Christmas special called The Boy Who Dreamed Christmas which premiered on December 1, 1991 then followed up by a back-to-school special, The First Day, on September 3, 1995. A Nilus the Sandman TV series was produced a year later and aired a total of 26 episodes over two seasons on The Family Channel from October 5, 1996 to November 23, 1998.
The scenes at the beginning and the end of each episode and the 3 specials are live action shot in Vancouver, British Columbia and feature an animated Sandman, named Nilus (voiced by Long John Baldry), who helps children with day-to-day difficulties through helping them achieve happier dreams. While the children sleep he sneaks in and takes sand out of his pocket and flicks it into the air, which leads the children into their dreams that are animated as well. The ending is missing in the video below. It would've shown the mother coming back in the room, waking the kid up and he tells her about the dream.
- 1980s-1990s A Very Arcade Halloween!
- 1998 I've Been Waiting for You
- 1980s-2010s The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Promo...
- 1987 Friday Night Videos with Elvira
- 2007-2008 Chiller's Dare 2 Direct Short Film Festival
- 2011 Halloweenville
- 1988 Lone Wolf
- 1993 USA Cartoon Express's Monster Bash
- 1995 Attack of the Killer B-Movies with Elvira
- 1988 Grampa Munster's Sci-fi Hits
- 1988-1990 Freddy's Nightmares - Halloween Episodes
- 1981 Public Domain Collection: Halloween Special
- 1994 Nilus the Sandman: Monsters in the Closet
- 1990s-2000s The ULTIMATE Goosebumps Commercial Col...
- 1990 The Ghost Writer with Anthony Perkins
- 1988 TerrorVision (Lifetime TV Movie)
- 2009 The Garfield Show - Orange And Black
- 1989-1991 Elvira NWA/WCW Halloween Havoc Promos
- 1980 Boo!
- 2004 Dark Shadows
- 1995 Here Come the Munsters
- 1985 A Pumpkin Full of Nonsense
- ▼ October (22)