Dark Shadows is a one-hour 2004 tv pilot remake of the 1966-1971 Gothic soap opera tv series of the same name. The pilot was directed by P. J. Hogan and stared Alec Newman, Jessica Chastain, and Marley Shelton. Commissioned by The WB, but never aired because The WB passed on the series. It was then screened at many Dark Shadows Festivals starting in 2005 held in Los Angeles, with subsequent showings at the 2006 40th Anniversary Festival in Brooklyn, New York, in 2008 in Burbank, California and 2009 in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
The colorful pilot (which kinda reminds me of 1977's Suspiria) was only seen by a select few fans at these Festivals until it was leaked online and is available for viewing below, thanks goes to the uploader DKL3 at archive.org. Though filmed at the Greystone Mansion, which also served as the Collinwood Mansion for the previous 1991 remake, it was never quite finished and some of the special effects still needed some work. The story opens with Victoria Winters arriving by train to Collinsport on Halloween. There are currently no plans for a home video release.
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- 1980s-1990s A Very Arcade Halloween!
- 1998 I've Been Waiting for You
- 1980s-2010s The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Promo...
- 1987 Friday Night Videos with Elvira
- 2007-2008 Chiller's Dare 2 Direct Short Film Festival
- 2011 Halloweenville
- 1988 Lone Wolf
- 1993 USA Cartoon Express's Monster Bash
- 1995 Attack of the Killer B-Movies with Elvira
- 1988 Grampa Munster's Sci-fi Hits
- 1988-1990 Freddy's Nightmares - Halloween Episodes
- 1981 Public Domain Collection: Halloween Special
- 1994 Nilus the Sandman: Monsters in the Closet
- 1990s-2000s The ULTIMATE Goosebumps Commercial Col...
- 1990 The Ghost Writer with Anthony Perkins
- 1988 TerrorVision (Lifetime TV Movie)
- 2009 The Garfield Show - Orange And Black
- 1989-1991 Elvira NWA/WCW Halloween Havoc Promos
- 1980 Boo!
- 2004 Dark Shadows
- 1995 Here Come the Munsters
- 1985 A Pumpkin Full of Nonsense
- ▼ October (22)
Post a Comment