From Wikipedia: This American animated television series features the fanciful and musical misadventures of the popular English rock band The Beatles. The series debuted on ABC on September 25, 1965 and ended on September 7, 1969 but only 1965 to 1967 was first run; later transmissions were reruns. A total of 39 episodes were produced. Each episode has a name of a Beatles song, so the story is based on its lyrics and it is also played at some time in the episode.
If I Fell is the second half of episode 2: John is kidnapped by a mad scientist's assistant named Igor. The mad scientist, Dr. Dora Florahyde, wants to bring to life a Frankenstein type monster and make it a rock star. All she needs is the brain of a beetle (hence the kidnapping of John, the "brain of the Beatles"). John and the monster's brains are switched, and the singing monster is mobbed by a herd of female fans. Originally aired October 2, 1965.
The Beatles - If I Fell:
Misery is the second half of episode 5: The Beatles are off to the wax museum to see themselves in wax. The get lost in the museum and the Count Dracula wax statue comes to life, and proceeds to give chase. The Beatles end up having to melt their wax doubles to save the day. Originally aired October 23, 1965.
The Beatles - Misery:
A Hard Day's Night is the first half of episode 1: When the studio gets too crowded, The Beatles can't rehearse with too many people hanging around, so they rent a mansion that is (unknown to the Fab Four) haunted with ghosts and monsters. The Beatles' music is enough to awaken the dead as they go off to rehearse in the Transylvanian castle. Originally aired September 25, 1965.
The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night:
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
1965-1969 The Beatles Meet Frankenstein and Dracula in Transylvania
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- 1986, 2008 Halloween Tips with Elvira
- 1970 Tales of Washington Irving
- 1988 Hollow Gate
- 1997 Animaniacs - Spooky Stuff
- 1986 Horrible Horror
- 1992 Monster in My Pocket: The Big Scream
- 1995 Creepy Clips from Over 40 Classic Horror Films
- 1965-1969 The Beatles Meet Frankenstein and Dracul...
- 1989 Elm Street: The Making of a Nightmare
- 1989 The Search For Haunted Hollywood
- 1972 The Canterville Ghost
- 1982 Wacko
- 1960 & 1965 Mr. Magoo and Frankenstein
- 2002 AMC Backstory: HalloweeN - 1999 HalloweeN Unm...
- 1997 Perversions of Science: Panic
- 1991 Dracula: a Cinematic Scrapbook
- 1988 Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Rabbit Ears)
- 1982 and 1983 Count Scary's Halloween Party
- 1996 The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper - H...
- 1996 Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Halloween
- 1970s-2010s Commercials starring Classic Monsters
- 1991 Scary Movie
- 1973 The Mini-Munsters
- ▼ October (23)
Fun post. I was just counting down the scariest Saturday Morning Cartoons of 1966 on my blog. and had the Beatles cartoon as number 1. The number of times they put the Beatles in haunted houses and other horror situations is kind of crazy, and not really in the spirit of the Beatles' music at all. Still fun to watch, though.ReplyDelete