Wacko is a 1982 PG rated film parody that spoofs the following horror and non-horror films: Alien, Psycho, The Exorcist, Dr. Strangelove, Saturday Night Fever, and Grease. The story follows obsessed cop Dick Harbinger as he desperately tries to convince the town that the infamous Lawnmower Killer, who murdered a girl 13 years earlier, is about to return to town for more bloodshed and horror. Meanwhile the students at Hitchcock High School, including the younger sister of the murdered girl who has nightmares about the killer, are preparing for their Halloween Pumpkin Prom where the dreaded pumpkin headed power-mowing maniac makes his final appearance.
Voluptuous women, young studs, the last virgin in school, a bald nutcase, an obsessed detective, a killer with a pumpkin on his head and a perverted doctor/father are the type of characters you'll find in this movie. There are a couple of good spoofs but nothing really laugh out load funny. I'd say this is more silly than it is actually funny. The film was released on VHS by Vestron Video. It has not been officially released on Region 1 DVD in the USA but you can find bootleg Region All/0 and official Region 2 DVDs for sale online. The full movie was on Youtube but as soon as someone uploads it seems to be taken down quick due to copyright claims, so here's the movie's trailer below.
Wacko (1982) Trailer:
- 1986, 2008 Halloween Tips with Elvira
- 1970 Tales of Washington Irving
- 1988 Hollow Gate
- 1997 Animaniacs - Spooky Stuff
- 1986 Horrible Horror
- 1992 Monster in My Pocket: The Big Scream
- 1995 Creepy Clips from Over 40 Classic Horror Films
- 1965-1969 The Beatles Meet Frankenstein and Dracul...
- 1989 Elm Street: The Making of a Nightmare
- 1989 The Search For Haunted Hollywood
- 1972 The Canterville Ghost
- 1982 Wacko
- 1960 & 1965 Mr. Magoo and Frankenstein
- 2002 AMC Backstory: HalloweeN - 1999 HalloweeN Unm...
- 1997 Perversions of Science: Panic
- 1991 Dracula: a Cinematic Scrapbook
- 1988 Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Rabbit Ears)
- 1982 and 1983 Count Scary's Halloween Party
- 1996 The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper - H...
- 1996 Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Halloween
- 1970s-2010s Commercials starring Classic Monsters
- 1991 Scary Movie
- 1973 The Mini-Munsters
- ▼ October (23)