This is a behind the scenes look at the practical make-up and special effects behind 1988's A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. The first 10 minutes or so focuses on the first 3 films and the rest of the time is devoted to Nightmare 4 which at the time this was made was the newest film of the franchise. Originally aired on Halloween 1989 as a TV special.
This is available on a made on demand DVD-R at Amazon.com but I remember seeing it on the USA Network when I was a kid. I recorded it on VHS and used to watch it all the time. I was fascinated by the make-up effects, which is now a lost art thanks to CGI. I would also record episodes of Freddy's Nightmares, that used to air late Saturday nights, on the same video.
- 1986, 2008 Halloween Tips with Elvira
- 1970 Tales of Washington Irving
- 1988 Hollow Gate
- 1997 Animaniacs - Spooky Stuff
- 1986 Horrible Horror
- 1992 Monster in My Pocket: The Big Scream
- 1995 Creepy Clips from Over 40 Classic Horror Films
- 1965-1969 The Beatles Meet Frankenstein and Dracul...
- 1989 Elm Street: The Making of a Nightmare
- 1989 The Search For Haunted Hollywood
- 1972 The Canterville Ghost
- 1982 Wacko
- 1960 & 1965 Mr. Magoo and Frankenstein
- 2002 AMC Backstory: HalloweeN - 1999 HalloweeN Unm...
- 1997 Perversions of Science: Panic
- 1991 Dracula: a Cinematic Scrapbook
- 1988 Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Rabbit Ears)
- 1982 and 1983 Count Scary's Halloween Party
- 1996 The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper - H...
- 1996 Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Halloween
- 1970s-2010s Commercials starring Classic Monsters
- 1991 Scary Movie
- 1973 The Mini-Munsters
- ▼ October (23)