The Electric Company is an American educational children's tv series which employed sketch comedy and various other devices to provide an entertaining program to help elementary school children develop their grammar and reading skills. Since it was intended for children who had graduated from CTW's flagship program, Sesame Street, the humor was more mature than what was seen there. 780 episodes were produced by the Children's Television Workshop (now called Sesame Workshop) for PBS and broadcast over the course of six seasons from October 25, 1971, to April 15, 1977.
After it ceased production in 1977, the program continued in reruns until October 4, 1985, as the result of a decision made in 1975 to produce two final seasons for perpetual use. The cast over the six seasons included Morgan Freeman, Rita Moreno, Judy Graubart, Lee Chamberlin, Skip Hinnant, Jim Boyd, Luis Ávalos, Hattie Winston and Danny Seagren appeared in the role of Spider-Man. Bill Cosby was a regular in season one, and occasionally appeared in new segments during season two, but left afterward. Segments that Cosby had taped during seasons one and two were repeatedly used for the rest of the run.
Below are spooky skits that feature classic monsters including Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, a werewolf, a mad scientist and Igor, a witch and a haunted house skit:
Dracula (Morgan Freeman), Werewolf (Jim Boyd) and Frankenstein (Skip Hinnant) sing:
Dracula and the Werewolf in a diner, shoe store and playing cards:
Werewolf in Night Fright:
Just whistle for Dracula and run:
Spiderman Vs. Dracula:
Before Bunnicula, there was Vincent the Vegetable Vampire:
Vincent loves taking a bath in his casket:
The Vampire song:
Morgan Freeman as the Mad Scientist, Luis Avalos as Igor and the Blob:
More with the Mad Scientist and Igor:
Judy Graubart as the witch in the kitchen:
Quick gag skit, witch sandwich:
Haunted house skit:
- 1980s-1990s Classic Disney Channel Halloween Carto...
- 1976 Kenny & Co.
- 1991 Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater - Horror Hosts Hal...
- 1986 Mr. Boogedy and 1987 Bride Of Boogedy present...
- 2004 Lil Creepers
- The Midnight Hour - ABC Movie Special (Nov.1,1985)
- 1989 Screen Scaries
- 1993 Elvira's Halloween Movie Schlock-A-Thon on TBS
- 1971-1977 The Electric Company: Classic Monsters
- 1991 Ghostly Thrillers
- Commander USA Groovie Movies - Trick Or Treats 1982
- 2004 Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Tel...
- 1997 Monster Mania, 1999 Attack of the 50 ft. Mons...
- 2000-2002 MTV's Fear
- 1999 Little Witch
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Oct.31,1980 NBC Broa...
- 1998 Universal Horror
- 1974 The Horror Hall of Fame: A Monster Salute
- 1987 The New Adventures of Beans Baxter - A Nightm...
- 1979 Quacula
- ▼ October (20)