Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television is a documentary film about William M. Gaines and the history of E.C. Comics in general, as well as the original Tales from the Crypt television series. Despite the title, it ends up being roughly 50 minutes about the comics and 5 minutes of about TV series. Featuring interviews with many great guests who were heavily influenced by the horror comics of the 1950's including John Carpenter, Russ Cochran, Digby Diehl, Mark Evanier, Al Feldstein, William M. Gaines, Grant Geissman, George A. Romero, Joel Silver, R.L. Stine, Jack Wohl, Bernie Wrightson, and Wendy Gaines-Bucci. It is directed by Chip Selby.
The documentary first aired on the AMC Channel in the US and then released to VHS, followed by a DVD home video release in two different versions/edits. The first is a short-form edited version of the documentary on the Tales from the Crypt: The Complete 1st Season DVD, in 2005. The second DVD release was a special two-disc set, which is now out of print and overpriced on Amazon, it includes extra interviews and clips. This was really great fun to watch and I loved learning about the history of the comics. I'd definitely recommend watching if your a fan of the comics or series.
- Classic Disney Channel Halloween Cartoons and Shows
- 1976 Kenny & Co.
- 1991 Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater - Horror Hosts Hal...
- 1986 Mr. Boogedy and 1987 Bride Of Boogedy present...
- 2004 Lil Creepers
- The Midnight Hour - ABC Movie Special (Nov.1,1985)
- 1989 Screen Scaries
- 1993 Elvira's Halloween Movie Schlock-A-Thon on TBS
- 1971-1977 The Electric Company: Classic Monsters
- 1991 Ghostly Thrillers
- Commander USA Groovie Movies - Trick Or Treats 1982
- 2004 Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Tel...
- 1997 Monster Mania, 1999 Attack of the 50 ft. Mons...
- 2000-2002 MTV's Fear
- 1999 Little Witch
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Oct.31,1980 NBC Broa...
- 1998 Universal Horror
- 1974 The Horror Hall of Fame: A Monster Salute
- 1987 The New Adventures of Beans Baxter - A Nightm...
- 1979 Quacula
- ▼ October (20)