First broadcast 43 years ago on October 31st, 1974 on ABC's Wide World of Entertainment, Vincent Price and his hunchback sidekick Zuckman (played by great Canadian actor Billy Van) hosts The Horror Hall of Fame a corny but fun comedic special (laugh track included) featuring clips of classics films like "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari," "The Golem," "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," "The Phantom of the Opera," Bela Lugosi's "Mark of the Vampire," and (at the time) current titles "Dracula Has Risen from the Grave" (Christopher Lee pulling the stake out of his heart), "Blacula" and "The Exorcist."
The real highlights of the special are the scenes where Mr. Price sits and conducts interviews with guests including Batman's (1966–1968) Riddler Frank Gorshin (discussing his impression of Boris Karloff), Gomez Addams himself John Astin, "In Search of Dracula" author Raymond McNally, actress Candy Clark from "American Graffiti," who allows herself to be transformed into a monster by makeup artist William Tuttle, and the great John Carradine. Ivor Barry has a small role as mad scientist Murray Frankenstein, and his long awaited Monster escapes before we get a chance to see it. An affectionate salute to the horror genre:
- Classic Disney Channel Halloween Cartoons and Shows
- 1976 Kenny & Co.
- 1991 Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater - Horror Hosts Hal...
- 1986 Mr. Boogedy and 1987 Bride Of Boogedy present...
- 2004 Lil Creepers
- The Midnight Hour - ABC Movie Special (Nov.1,1985)
- 1989 Screen Scaries
- 1993 Elvira's Halloween Movie Schlock-A-Thon on TBS
- 1971-1977 The Electric Company: Classic Monsters
- 1991 Ghostly Thrillers
- Commander USA Groovie Movies - Trick Or Treats 1982
- 2004 Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Tel...
- 1997 Monster Mania, 1999 Attack of the 50 ft. Mons...
- 2000-2002 MTV's Fear
- 1999 Little Witch
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Oct.31,1980 NBC Broa...
- 1998 Universal Horror
- 1974 The Horror Hall of Fame: A Monster Salute
- 1987 The New Adventures of Beans Baxter - A Nightm...
- 1979 Quacula
- ▼ October (20)