An excellent documentary examining silent films from the 1920's then mostly focusing on Universal's horror films from the 1930's to 1940's starring the original Fab Four: Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy, and The Wolf Man. Filmed 20 years ago, in 1997, then premiered on Turner Classic Movies October 9, 1998 and later made available as part of the 2 DVD disc edition of "the Mummy" (1932).
With clips of the films, stills from the period and featuring interviews with so many wonderful people, experts, fans and relatives of the original stars of the period including sci-fi author Ray Bradbury, POLTERGEIST actor James Karon, film historian David Skal, TITANIC actress Gloria Stuart, KING KONG actress Fay Wray, film historian George Turner, "Eva" from the 1931 Spanish version of Dracula, Lupita Tovar and 1931 Dracula cast member Carla Laemmle, niece of Universal Studio's founder Carl Laemmle, makes an appearance, along with Boris Karloff's daughter, Sara.
It saddens me greatly that so many of those interviewed here are no longer with us. A documentary that is more like a haunted house, full of dead people condemned to an eternal repetition. I guess we were lucky to still have them back then.
- 1980s-1990s Classic Disney Channel Halloween Carto...
- 1976 Kenny & Co.
- 1991 Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater - Horror Hosts Hal...
- 1986 Mr. Boogedy and 1987 Bride Of Boogedy present...
- 2004 Lil Creepers
- The Midnight Hour - ABC Movie Special (Nov.1,1985)
- 1989 Screen Scaries
- 1993 Elvira's Halloween Movie Schlock-A-Thon on TBS
- 1971-1977 The Electric Company: Classic Monsters
- 1991 Ghostly Thrillers
- Commander USA Groovie Movies - Trick Or Treats 1982
- 2004 Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Tel...
- 1997 Monster Mania, 1999 Attack of the 50 ft. Mons...
- 2000-2002 MTV's Fear
- 1999 Little Witch
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Oct.31,1980 NBC Broa...
- 1998 Universal Horror
- 1974 The Horror Hall of Fame: A Monster Salute
- 1987 The New Adventures of Beans Baxter - A Nightm...
- 1979 Quacula
- ▼ October (20)